The BC Funeral Association is supported by its members and in turn, seeks to provide value in every way possible. Membership in the trade association for BC funeral professionals allows you to:
- Make valuable professional contacts
- Gain access to a wealth of useful information that is very specific to the BC funeral services profession
- Access member rates for professional education and events
- Voice concerns and add strength to the professions advocacy efforts
- Build the future labour pool through the Industry Training Authority Designated Trainer of BC Funeral Service Apprenticeship Programs
- Provide leadership for the future of the profession
Our membership is diverse and we continually seek new ways to provide value to all our members.
As a member you will have access to:
- BC Funeral Association Insider: monthly electronic newsletter.
- Human Resource Planning Toolkit: a comprehensive online resource for employers and employees. Improve your capacity to gain, train and retain staff. Handy indexed listing of the most common workplace conflicts, questions and solutions for ease of reference.
- CEU Professional Development Seminars: receive member discounts on opportunities to meet your professional development and continuing education needs through seminars, webinars and workshops.
- BC Funeral Association Member Referrals: receive referrals to consumers through the BC Funeral Association province wide toll-free line and a member directory on the BC Funeral Association website.
- Legislation and Compliance Issues: access generic forms; legislation FAQs; occupational health and safety updates; and support lobbying and death benefit negotiation.
- Public Awareness and Advocacy: benefit from public awareness representation through attendance and distribution of information at a variety of palliative care, estate planning and public forums.
- Annual Conference: benefit from member rates to attend the informative yearly educational and networking event showcasing the newest products and services.
- Extended Health and Dental Group Coverage: exclusive pooled benefit plan for BC Funeral Association members.
- Preferential Rates on Visa, Mastercard and Interac Services: Versapay continues to work with BC Funeral Association members on reducing the cost of credit card processing.
- Save at the Resort: as a BC Funeral Association member you will receive our Preferred Corporate Rates for your employees business or leisure travel needs.
- BC Funeral Association Website Members Resources: with your password, you will access information and breaking news for members only. Promoting education, networking, peer recognition, professional development and cultivating business to business relationships.