Telford, Toneff & Boyds, a Vancouver Island based funeral group serving the mid and upper Vancouver Island.
Our Boyd’s and Toneff’s locations in Campbell River and the Comox Valley are currently recruiting a full-time Junior Funeral Director/Embalmer. These communities provide an opportunity for a great work life balance, whether it is skiing, fishing, hiking, golfing and so many other activities combined with access to many amenities.
We are looking to fill this position with a qualified, action-oriented and self-motivated individual who is capable of caring for the life transition needs of deceased and their grieving families. We will provide ongoing support and training. Excellent opportunities for advancement for the right candidate are available.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Arranging, coordinating and directing funeral ceremonies.
- Always striving to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of the families we serve.
- Maintaining active involvement within the community and is committed to building and establishing positive relationships and collaboration.
- Other duties or special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Funeral Directors and Embalmer’s license required. Every applicant will receive serious consideration. Please note that if you do not hold a British Columbia Funeral Director & Embalmer’s license, support will be provided in obtaining your license in the province of British Columbia. A junior Funeral Director is welcome to apply as continued training will be provided with an opportunity for career advancement.
- Displaying competent arrangement, directing and embalming skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Exemplifies values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A valid driver’s license is a mandatory requirement for this position.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, and benefits as well as a clothing allowance. Relocation allowance may also be available for the right applicant. This person will also have the opportunity for advancement.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Charles Girard, Director of Operations
Telford, Toneff & Boyd’s Burial & Cremation Centres
We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks, and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
The Lonsdale Funeral Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment.