The British Columbia Funeral Association presents two full day workshops for all death care professionals!
(6 Funeral Director OR 6 Embalmer CEU Credits)
August 24, 2016 in Victoria
September 7, 2016 in Abbotsford
CARING ON EMPTY: Creative Tools for Compassion Fatigue Transformation & Resilience
Many helpers are at risk for developing Compassion Fatigue (CF), a natural consequence of working empathically with the suffering or traumatized. As we hear stories of others’ trauma, we can become secondarily traumatized, developing our own symptoms of posttraumatic stress, diminished empathy and emotional disengagement.
Happily, recognition of these warning signs can provide a turning point - a chance to heal, learn new skills and make the simple but profound life changes that can build resilience to traumatic stress.
Participants of The Caring On Empty workshop will:
- Learn the difference between burnout, accumulated grief and compassion fatigue.
- Assess their current level of CF risk.
- Explore the general warning signs of CF & identify personal early warning signs.
- Take stock of current self-care patterns and practices & ID obstacles to self-care.
- Begin an ongoing personal CF resilience plan.
- Empower them to navigate difficult situations and create a sustainable work environment.